Wednesday, November 02, 2005

qvetch-22

is it just me?
or does everyone get this bunion of a runaround at nyc hospitals?
after 4 more phone calls to msk today, i finally got an appt for 9 am fri at patient financial services (in my case, IMPATIENT financial lack of service) then i go get the heart scan - aka MUGA aka mugging- at the big MSK, then back to the breast ctr for blood work and an appt. w/the dr.
[i called the financial dept to double ck the asst's story and they said of course your tests can be scheduled!]
my dr's asst. said, "i've never scheduled it this way before so let's hope it works"
wtf?
what kind of f***ing system do they have?
who makes this shitty hospital software?
you can't spell miskommunication without MSK.

also in the news today:
* went to a meeting about jo and her anxiety at school at 8.15
* then to unemployment office on 54th at 9 for an orientation powerpoint (fascinating!) - actually,it was surprisingly nice there - plenty of newspaper want ads and computers for researching jobs.
* then spoke to insurance about how continuity of coverage includes covering the breast surgeon for 5 more visits but not the oncologist or PS - i explained this was very kind but as a breast cancer patient, i won't even see the surgeon until next yr. and that i need the coverage of the other 2 drs. -- they said they'll look into this for me (have they EVER insured someone w/ cancer before??!! hellooo, cancer calling!!)
* molly returned from india but has terrible jet lag so took day off to recover
* bought louisa some gifts for bday tomorrow
* had a phys therapy appt which made me late for pickup at school - but thought i'd arranged it w/school to cover lou and her friend. this of course, gets completely screwed up.
* i go ck on louisa
* i pick up jo at 3.45
* big LOU came to visit w/little charlie
*was late picking up little lou, who, it turns out, was waiting outside in dark and cold w/babysitter for me to pick her up.
* wrapped presents

not baking class cupcakes for first time ever. i'm buying this time. thank you whole foods.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Survey: One in five teens have own blogs
Nearly three in five school-age teens with Internet access have created online content, including Web pages with artwork, photos and stories - and about a fifth have their own blogs, which also allow friends ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction safety equipment!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Your posts were interesting reading. I have a paid online survey site. If you're still skeptical about taking surveys, you'll find detailed information for choosing the right paid online survey for you. Great thing about surveys, they can be done part-time or full-time from home. Please try and visit it, see what you think.
Rod

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xxxxxxxxooooooooo
good luck tomorrow. will be thinking of you. hope lou had a good birthday.
loads of love to all! maria
ps i f***ing hate hospitals! they are the worst. every now and then you will find one person who knows how to do their job and does it well-the rest are sh*ts!!! my blood starts to boil if i start thinking what they put my brother through. love to you girl! xo

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having about as much fun as I am...Can't believe they are giving you this kind of run around!!! That really SUCKS. Like you really WANT to be seeing the PS and ONCO and just decided this would be a fun thing to do for the next several months....

Try to think positive thoughts about tommorrow: I'm hoping you'll breeze right thru it.
Deb

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. I'm thinking of buying some road construction equipment...Can you refer me to a source???????

11:02 PM  
Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

11:43 PM  
Blogger sv said...

hey
i'd like to thank all you anonymouses for tips on the safety equipt and you're well wishes.
i didn't start chemo today - it start monday
but leftover wishes are still very tasty

also, many thanks hoodia for the tijuana dentist connection and the fun facts about Elvis! tell Jacko i said hey.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heard your doc also thinks there is something wrong with your husband's reactions!! wow! how do you think they can be improved?

11:01 PM  
Blogger sv said...

hey who's that last anonymous comment from?
you tryin to get me in trouble?

7:07 AM  
Blogger sv said...

hey who's that last anonymous comment from?
you tryin to get me in trouble?

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think he already is in trouble!!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like things are getting rocky? if it makes you feel bad - he must feel really bad -- at least you have cancer!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home