Monday, February 13, 2006

late...

i can't believe i am finally researching msk's integrative medicine TODAY! right before my last chemo!

it would have helped if my doc had mentioned msk's own center. well, i can still go and have nutritional counseling there. should be better than the grad student who basically said, "low fat diet, fresh vegetables, etc." which if you've been following the news, you'll see that the ACS was in on a huge study showing that a low fat diet did NOT help older women (50+) w/incidences of breast, colon cancers or heart disease.

so i only have 9 years to go and then i start eating cupcakes for bkfst every day!

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I'm meeting with a nutritionist on March 7th and I'm looking for a good Naturopathic physician to help walk me through this.

I also bought Donald Yance: Herbal Medicine, Healing and Cancer and Beating
Cancer with Nutrition, Quillin

7:35 PM  
Blogger sv said...

sounds good
chk out the mskcc.com site's integrative med section - there's a whole glossary of herbs, their uses, corresponding research etc.
i'll look into the books
thanks! happy V.D. to u

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home