Tuesday, February 28, 2006

moody blues

as you can see from my latest plush post, i am in a much better mood. thanks for your concerned emails and phone calls.
usually, if i'm in a bad mood, i don't write. this seems to have left many people w/the impression that i am 99% chock full of cheer. ha ha ha. now that's a good one. just ask my spouse.

last wk i dragged myself to the Y for the first time in about 6 mths.
there really is no reason for this - there were many days i felt well enough to go sit on a bike and read.

[in fact, i dread the day that anyone i know gets BC - this is not completely altruistic. i’m afraid that someone will have as mild a reaction to the chemo as i did and “out” me.
“Remember we baked her all those lasagnas?”
“And sent all those fancy body lotions?”
“Just think - all the while she was laying on that sofa we bought her eating chocolates and watching Project RUnway!”
“We must have flashing neon signs over our heads that say ‘SUCKER’ cuz i’m taking the same chemo course now AND playing tennis at the same time!”
“Oh, I’m working two jobs and going to school at night to become an astrophysicist during treatment”
“Yeah, what’s a few mouth sores? I’m doing a triathalon.”]

anyway, it was surprisingly easy to ride the bike and read a book. don't worry, i was sweatin' it but not as hard as when i have to climb stairs or walk down the street in a hurry.

i was not in a bad mood the rest of the wk - just didn't feel like blogging. we had a potluck at school one night, dinner w/beth and co another, jamer, judith and family were here this wkend which was great. dr judith was not discouraging about putting a blob of plastic in my body. she likened implants to hip replacement surgery. perhaps a metal boob instead of silicone is the answer?

read the article, A Right to Insult on alternet about the cartoons that inflamed tempers and buildings around the world.
although i love art spiegelman, and i agree with the right to insult (at least, the right to insult myself) i'm not so sure about that danish editor.... poor judgement.

time for the gym again....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Einat said...

Hi SV,

If you want to know who I am - click on my name - it'll take you to my homepage...

Glad to hear you're doing ok - and that you're getting to try your old-self again from time to time... don't over-do it - good response to chemo or not - something DID happen to you - guilt comes and goes.

Einat

4:15 PM  
Blogger sv said...

wow
very cute kids - 3 boys? or is the baby a girl? beautiful.
and a nice quilt too!
the names of your papers make me feel like i should study more, shop less...
u mean there aren't little faeries who make the www work? i have recently experimented w/html code and it seems magically mysterious.

how did u find my blog?i thought the only ones who read it were the ones on payroll.

you live in Haifa? what is your treatment history?
[answer only those questions that you feel like answering]

many thanks for kind words of support - it really is fascinating connecting to people this way.
sarah

11:13 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Enait left a comment on my blog a few weeks ago. I didn't realize that she herself had one as well.

Try to remember that everyone is different. I know people who worked full time during treatment. One woman told me "chemo wasn't so bad" so when things started to go downhill for me, I felt like a major wimp.

And when multiple people told me to use Lance Armstrong as a model (hey, if he can do it and win 7 tours, you can "get through" yours), I about ripped their heads off. Aiming for the jugular, I would relish in the idea of their blood spouting off where their necks should be.

All right, maybe I'm a bit over the top... Anyhow, take your time and remember that no one is keeping score on our lives!

1:42 PM  
Blogger sv said...

thanks for the encouragement...
having finished the lance armstrong book, i can safely say that he seems like a big, very fast, jerk.
i'm trying to get used to this post-chemo limbo period.
i think my blog is showing signs of stress
its author needs to make decisions yet all available choices suck in their own unique ways.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous bankruptcy hawaii law said...

....And may a Bird of Paradise fly up your nose!

Thinking of beautiful flowers from Hawaii!
bankruptcy hawaii law

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for hair information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the resd!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for sun information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the resd!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home