Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A NEW DAY

hey, today is the first day of the rest of my chemo-free life (knock on wood)

manymanymany big thanks to all of you for your support and kudos and lasagnas and hand creams and kind words and pillows and, of course, the SOFA!
I LOVE YOU ALL
MWANH MWANH (big kisses)


the cover of today's nytimes has an article about AVASTIN, a drug used to treat advanced breast, colon and lung cancer. the big question is; are the drug cos. bilking patients by charging 100K a YEAR for it? hmmm, let me think a minute. And you thought herceptin was expensive at 40k...

lou is home w/a fever so no napping in site. that's ok. since i didn't need a neulasta shot for my last time i am so chipper! and it will be interesting to see how pain-free this chemo is w/bone aches.

3 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Welcome to the chemo-free world. Actually, technically-speaking Tamoxifen is a form of chemo drug. But you know what I mean. You are going to be getting better and better with each passing day. Today is my 8-week post-chemo anniversary and I couldn't feel healthier! Or happier. You'll be in the same boat!

3:19 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

See my post on this topic http://www.memefirst.com/001367.html#comments

5:29 AM  
Blogger sv said...

did u see the article about avastin TODAY - nytimes?? they're stopping it in colon cancer patients due to too many deaths (however, it was taken in combo w/some other drug called Xelox.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home